Saturday, September 9, 2017

A Night With Nancy

It's Saturday and it looks like The E Network is streaming Nancy Meyers' films tonight.
Love the scenery and set design in It's Complicated.  Not to mention the chemistry between an all-star cast: Meryl Streep, Alec Baldwin & Steve Martin.  A couple of years ago, I downloaded much of the soundtrack from Spotify.  I think the musical pairing of Heitor Pereira and Hans Zimmer beautifully enhanced the storyline.  And Jane's (played by Meryl) home in the film?  It never fails to inspire me. 
We picked up a few treasures upon our recent trip to SB; the warm terracotta tiles remind me of the rich, earthy colors used in her home.  We purchased our tiles from The Santa Barbara Company store, an artisan shop on Victoria Street.  I hope we'll get to visit again soon.  Now, off to enjoy the rest of the movie...

No comments:

Post a Comment