Saturday, January 6, 2018

Currently Reading in January 2018

I placed Dodie Smith's I Capture the Castle back on the shelf at the bookstore.  Not because I didn't want it.  I've been wanting to savor this book.  The reviews have said plenty enough.  It's time to get the book.

Top to Bottom: Gift from the Sea, Small Wonder, Summerlost, Capital Gaines
But, alas, after 2.5 hours of examining the shelves with my fellow book lovers, I decided against adding it to the small pile in my arms, because I like to think I have a monthly budget.  While not 100% defined by a number, I do appreciate the discipline of a personal book allowance.  I really do.  I'll cap it off somewhere between "I'm going to treat myself" and "I'm going to keep my husband's eyebrows comfortably level".

That's why I'm also a huge fan of abebooks.com.  More bang for your buck, dear one.  You could bravely create a library in each room if you're inclined.
“As a dinner guest I gratefully eat just about anything that's set before me, because graciousness among friends is dearer to me than any other agenda.” ― Barbara Kingsolver, Small Wonder
Here are the fresh book spines I settled on today: some lyrical essays, adolescent fiction and Chip Gaines.  Three were on the TBR list ✓.  Since my Goodreads challenge is at 24 books this year, I'm feeling pretty good about adding these pages into the mix.

Now, which one first?

No comments:

Post a Comment