Saturday, July 20, 2019

Cottage Dreams

via Houzz
I wish I could remember who created this charming room; I found it through Houzz, but don't recall making note of its designer.  Looking at it again, I'd really like to see the rest of the home.  If additional photos do exist.  I vaguely remember additional angles.

***Update: this is a London home designed by Lisette Voûte 😊.***

What began to stir me in this image is the use of a buttery sofa grounded with deep wood finishes.  Giving further enchantment is the sprinkling of warm light throughout.  And directly across are festive rows of bright-colored spines housed in white built-ins.

In my own expression at home, I tend to think of how I'd like a space to feel first.  I suppose it's more intuitive now as I've grown older.  I value comfort and beauty simultaneously.  Highly value.  The why isn't so important.  I do try and honor timeless principles and even formulas if they're tried and true.  But, I don't want to sit in a classified box.  I used to feel that I needed to define my aesthetic with a label.  Are you more bohemian?  More of a traditionalist?  A minimalist?  In trying to fit into these labels, I evidently became frustrated.  Now, I'd safely say that I'm a happy blend of influences and experiences.  As we continually grow as beings, so can our individual expressions of art.  With "a wink and a smile", our Creator gives us true freedom to be who He created.  We can assuredly steward these wonderful gifts of imagination into our homes.

No comments:

Post a Comment