Saturday, November 23, 2019

The Joy of Housekeeping

A small bedroom for guests, also used to fold laundry
and have quiet time.
I currently work a 9 to 5 job at an awesome church in our city, yet can sometimes feel that these hours at work consume most of me during the week.  It is therefore very helpful to drive home to a sweet and nurturing environment after a full day in a fast-paced office.

Our family is a multi-generational one: my husband and I, my in-laws, and our youngest daughter all living together and dancing around each other.  Naturally, we experience blessings and challenges with this dynamic (our oldest adult daughter is now married and moved out and our youngest comes and goes, so we're not quite empty nesters 😂).  In the midst of our day-to-day, some things are downright funny, but my heart's desire is to gratefully see God's perspective for the people I do life with and to learn to love them as He loves me.

Regardless of what's at hand, an orderly home is one practical way to lessen anxiety and stress.  I recommend some of these ladies for inspiration: Toni HammersleyClean Mama, and the FlyLady.  This is not about perfection, but simply about the joy of managing His goodness in our lives to the best of our abilities.

No comments:

Post a Comment